Item: Teva Sandals
Monday, July 27, 2015

I have been eyeing the Teva sandals for quite some time since I saw it online, somewhere, at the start of the year. When I saw a similar one on sale on Qoo10 I was a little excited, but decided against it because, priorities (and my friends disapproved).

The trend of the Birkenstock and sliders (sandals trend? sliders trend?) has been ongoing for quite a while and honestly, at first I wasn't very keen on any "slippers"style because I couldn't see it as a stylish item, only a comfortable one. But of course, opinions change and mine definitely has. Especially when everyone on the Internet is crazy over it. Every corner I turned (online and off), I see Birkenstock-style sliders. And eventually I was convinced that it had it's appeal. Honestly what was there not to love- it's comfortable, it's easy to wear, and it's versatile (which I needed convincing in).

The Teva sandals is pretty similar to the Birks in that way. Classified as the "ugly shoes" or "man-repeller", it has its own group of following. If you know me, I'm all about comfort- I love my t-shirts and jeans/shorts, and I also really love unisex, normcore styles. I feel that Teva sandals, like Birk's sliders, are very in line with the unisex, laidback style. I kind of like the way the straps add to the look and the lightweight material it's made of. Also, it seems like it would be a nice pair of footwear to bring along for an overseas trip since it's lightweight and waterproof! That's definitely a plus point!

Enough of the ramble, here's some of the ways my favourite bloggers styled it.

//Disclaimer: All photos belongs to the respective bloggers. Direct links attached to photos.//

Basics. Tshirt and jeans.






All Black. You can never go wrong with all black! (Who doesn't know that.)





Or whites.




How about with skirts and dress?






More style ideas on Teva's Pinterest!

Labels: , , , , , ,


Post a Comment






< Older Newer >
Layout by Esther.